Our trees are packaged into units of 10, with each individual tree priced at 2 USD, bringing the total cost per unit to 20 USD.
- Each unit offsets 2000 kgs of CO2 over 10 years, stored in the roots, trunk, branches and leaves of your trees, to reduce your personal carbon footprint. Your trees are very likely to survive much longer than 10 years, but we use this very conservative estimate to ensure the desired offsetting is achieved.
- In an effort to ensure that your trees are left to grow into maturity, we plant 3 extra trees for every unit of 10 trees purchased, free-of-charge.
- 1 of the extra trees provides local communities with a woodlot for use in their daily lives (cooking, building, etc.), reducing the threat of your trees being harvested.
- The remaining 2 extra trees are planted to provide a buffer for any seedlings that might die in the field.
- Visit the “Why Malawi” page to learn more about the uses of trees on-site.
We provide you:
- The carbon-offset rights to the trees purchased & planted.
- A Certificate granting you these rights over 10 years.
- Gps-coordinates giving you the exact location of the trees.
- The opportunity to come visit the trees and the area wherein they are planted.